Working remotely

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
steeveepee
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Working remotely

Post by steeveepee » May 21st, 2021, 11:09 am

So if and when the restrictions lift for travelling from the UK to Menorca , is it possible to 'work remotely' in Menorca on my 60/90 days or will that breach some kind of Spanish law....

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Working remotely

Post by kieronf » May 21st, 2021, 5:34 pm

Technically, if you engage in any gainful employment in Menorca you are obliged to register with the tax authorities, regardless of how long you are here for. Now whether the tax authorities would ever know..................

clubjoker
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by clubjoker » May 24th, 2021, 5:13 pm

What's the 60 days? I thought it was 90

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » May 24th, 2021, 6:13 pm

You are correct:-
3 months
UK citizens in Spain will be able to remain for a period of 3 months at a time, staying longer than this will require a visa. To spend more than 90 days in Spain in a period of 6 months Brits will need to acquire a Spanish Schengen visa. This can be obtained from a Spanish embassy or consulate in UK.
BUT I suppose that could change, maybe, very quickly this now. Spain is only under the AMBER List, but is scheduled to change on the 7th June.

Alan
:cool:
:partyman: :partyman: :dream:

:cool: :smile: :yawinkle:

steeveepee
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by steeveepee » May 29th, 2021, 10:46 am

I realise 90 is the max but 60 is just my choice so I have 30 days remaining to travel

Gorson
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Gorson » August 30th, 2021, 12:55 pm

I've spent a long time looking at this but the only specifics I can find is that the actual restriction is on earning money from Spanish sources - however the actual laws leave room for interpretation so yes, you're taking a chance if you work on a holiday - and arguing with tax authorities is rarely a stress-free experience.

Or you need to wait for the proposed Digital Nomad Visa to work its way through the Spanish parliamentary process.